Thank You For Supporting Wild Xtra
It takes an incredible amount of determination and passion to continue to provide in-depth content on a daily basis. The grind is constant and no matter how much talent or passion a person has, sooner or later there needs to be some tangible reward. That goal – reaching a tangible level such that the writers could feel in their hearts like their sacrifices were worth it – is why we started Wild Xtra (and before that, Twins Daily).
But the community didn’t develop as organically as we had hoped. Without the community, the natural benefits it provides – traffic, events, etc. – also didn’t develop. Enthusiasm waned and writers and management burned out. Looking ahead, we saw the community and site limping along without any future, and that isn’t fair to the people who are giving so much.
But there are other ways to continue to follow the writers you have enjoyed. Each one has an active Twitter feed, which you can get to by clicking on their names below. Follow them!
- You can continue to follow Ben Remington & Giles Ferrell by listening to the “Giles and the Goalie” podcast.
- Doubles, Mike Berg & Nick Henry will be starting a new site that they’ll announce soon, so make sure you follow them on Twitter, too. You can also listen to their Five Minute Major podcast.
- You can follow Heather Rule on twitter and stop by her sports blog, Thoughts From the Stands or her personal web site HeatherRule.com. She is also the Gophers Men's Basketball analyst for 1500espn.com.
- And you can continue to find where Brett Marshall is going to be writing by following him on Twitter.
- And, of course, well keep the Wild Xtra twitter account live in case we have any news our our writers that we can pass along.