Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Wild.

Subscribe to Wild Xtra Email

Where would you rank the Wild in the WC at this point?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaveW

DaveW

NHL

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

-2nd most "pts" in NHL.

-Have 2-4 games in hand of everyone else "close" to them.

-best goalie in Hockey thus far

-best goal differential in WC thus far

At this point, I definitely think they are the #3 team in the WC overall. I put the Sharks and Blackhawks as "better" teams then them at this stage overall, but I think the gap is quickly shrinking. The key is the Wild need to get a little more consistent putting pucks in the net.

I think if they have another good week or two they surpass San Jose in my mind, and then the question becomes when/how/can they end up being a "better" team then the Blackhawks?

Thoughts?

#2 Doubles

Doubles

Hockey HoF

• Administrators
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul
  • Twitter: _2244

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

Great topic, Dave!

IF, and it's a big 'IF,' Duby can somehow maintain his level of play-  I see no reason the Wild's surge won't continue.  That's probably the easy answer to say the team with the best goalie is going to be towards the top of the standings.  Cliche' for sure, but very true.

Twitter:

@_2244Hyperlink Example

Hitting The Post Blog

#3 SF Twins Fan

SF Twins Fan

Prep School

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

It seems like the Wild players are starting to fully understand BB and SS system and how they want them to play.  It probably took them a month plus to get comfortable with the nuances and to full trust the new coaches.  I think you're seeing their confidence on the ice.

It also helps that we're getting consistent play from the "younger" guys like CC, NN, Zucker, Granlund and Brodin.