Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Wild.

Subscribe to Wild Xtra Email

Article: It’s a Festivus Miracle!

Holidays
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mike Berg

Mike Berg

Hockey HoF

• Administrators
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationHanging out at the rec center, watching people swim.
  • Twitter: minnesotaberg

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

Festivus. Normally on this day the Wild give me ample grievances to air. But not this year. Let’s look back at some of the miracles from the last year:February 13: The Wild fired Mike Yeo. Hold on. It’s not what you think. This is a miracle because it put Yeo out of his misery. I’m not a Yeo hater; I love the guy. He’ll be a great head coach in the NHL, but it clearly didn’t work out here.

February 21: The Wild win their Stadium Series game. This game capped off four straight wins under John Torchetti. It was a route of the Blackhawks on national TV, and they overcame the loss of Jason Zucker, who was injured by a dirty hit in the game.

April 9: The Wild made the playoffs. The Wild loss five straight to end the season, but still made the playoffs.

April 22: The Wild won a playoff game. This was their last win of the 2015-16 season. In overtime in Dallas, no less. They lost at home two days later to end their season.

May 7: The Wild hire Bruce Boudreau. The Wild snagged highly regarded coach Bruce Boudreau, who was fired 8 days before by the Ducks.

October 15: The Wild Win! The Wild won their second game of the season. They all said Boudreau couldn’t win with the Wild. Checkmate, haters.

December 22: The Wild Win! This game marked the Wild’s 9th straight win. Boudreau threatened to kiss his sister.

What are your miracles from the past year?

follow Mike Berg on Twitter: @minnesotaberg
follow WildXtra on Twitter: @wildxtra
we have Facebook, too! Like WildXtra

Click here to view the article

I'm a Wild hockey fan.

twitter: @MinnesotaBerg