Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Wild.

Subscribe to Wild Xtra Email

Recent Blogs

Zucker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Doubles

Doubles

Hockey HoF

• Administrators
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul
  • Twitter: _2244

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Where are you at with your belief in Zucker at this point?  Is he the guy that went 9 games without a point earlier this season, or the guy that has 3 multi-point games in his last 6, and is tied for 3rd in the NHL in everyone's favorite stat, plus / minus?

Twitter:

@_2244Hyperlink Example

Hitting The Post Blog

#2 Minniman

Minniman

Hockey HoF

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  • LocationThe State of Hockey

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

All NHL players go through streaks. I look at advanced stats to see if the player is still doing his job for the team even when he is not scoring. Zucker and Nino have been very good - even when they were not scoring. I cannot say that for Parise and Pominville, and those two players have no move contracts while the younger players will be free agents and potential expansion casualties.

#3 puckstopper1

puckstopper1

College Player

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

Doubles - Zucker, like several of the Wild's young players (Granlund, Nino, Coyle, etc.) have been better, but I still feel they could be doing more.Fortunately, Staal and even Koivu are also playing well, and Suter may be having his best season in a Wild uniform - so right now this team is doing well because of a many "small" (but not insignificant) improvements.Will that continue?Who knows.I did feel that Zucker would have a solid shot at improvement under Boudreau, and that appears to be the case. 

So bottom line in my opinion yes - Zucker has improved, but I don't feel  that he has hit his ceiling, potential wise, just yet.

• Doubles likes this

"Who own da Chiefs" - Denis Lemieux

#4 rghrbek

rghrbek

College Player

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

No question he looks better, and I love his forecheck, when he comes into the zone with speed.

However, not a guy you want to pay big money at this point, and still feel they will expose him, knowing the Knights will take him due to where he is from (thus keeping their hands off a d man).  Lots of season left so this could change.

#5 Minniman

Minniman

Hockey HoF

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  • LocationThe State of Hockey

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

Zucker and Nino are 2nd and 3rd in the NHL in GF% (300 minutes TOI).

Spurgeon is 5th; Granlund is 9th ...

All young players.

#6 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

College Player

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Zucker has played his way into us exposing a d-man in the offseason IMO.  This guy is too crucial to let go.