Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Wild.

Subscribe to Wild Xtra Email

Recent Blogs

Thank you to everyone who made Wildxtra awesome!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DaveW

DaveW

NHL

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

Saw the sad news on the front page today, and while I won't dwell on how the owners let you guys down, I did want to drop by here and say thank you to everyone who made WildXtra by far the best place to find news about our favorite team and have some fun discussions along the way.

I'm obviously a much more "new" hockey fan then a lot of you guys, so being able to learn some of the finer points about the game, as well as the analytics and advanced stats has definitely been a highlight. I hope this crew can stay together and continue to post content in a centralized location (as well as keep up conversation in a forum) as I think it has a lot of potential. 

It is especially bittersweet that this site is now going away just when the Wild have gotten our hopes up (again) that maybe, just maybe this is the year!

Best of luck to all, though I we all continue the conversation somewhere else.

Cheers,

Dave

• tharasix and Yoke like this

#2 Yoke

Yoke

Prep School

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Sucks to see the site go. This is the only sports message board I'd post on because the writers are great and the other posters are fun to have discussions with. Hopefully there is a new place that comes up eventually.